The NCCAOM seeks Diplomates who possess a commitment to the growth of integrative medicine with a specific interest in certification and credentialing to serve as practitioner members on the Board of Commissioners.
Expertise Needed: Individuals who are currently certified with the NCCAOM in good standing; have previous service on a nonprofit or corporate board, and possess desirable skills or expertise in the following areas:
- Leadership experience on a government or non-profit board
- Facilitation of group discussion to reach consensus
- Engagement in strategic planning activities
- Financial acumen
- Implementation or knowledge in the development of healthcare policies
- Service as a practitioner in an integrative healthcare practice setting
- Knowledge of Board governance.
- Regulatory and/or policy experience (state and/or federal) a plus
- Preferred NCCAOM certification in Chinese Herbology or Oriental Medicine and currently practicing Chinese Herbal Medicine
The NCCAOM Professional Member Commissioners serve for a term of three years and function as agents of the NCCAOM with the following responsibilities:
- Serve on at least two standing committees to include monthly virtual meetings and prior review of posted exhibits and meeting preparation. The estimated time commitment of a Commissioner is ten hours per month.
- Attend the Winter, Summer, and Fall Board of Commissioners meetings. Meetings will be either virtual or in-person and will be multi-day as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support for NCCAOM certification standards and policies.
- Participate in CEO, self, peer-to-peer, and overall board assessments.
- All Board members should be able and willing to step into Board Officer Positions.
New Commissioners are expected to complete a Board orientation and become familiar with NCCAOM standards, policies, and procedures.
This is a wonderful opportunity for NCCAOM Board-Certified Acupuncturists to deepen their professional involvement. We encourage all to apply: our Board is diverse, comprising of a broad range of ethnicities, ages, and experiences and we welcome your nominations or inquiries.
For application submission instructions, click here.
Please contact Melissa Dow, Manager of Volunteer Development and Special Projects at
to obtain more information.