Here’s a list of local events happening Saturday for visitors who have traveled to the area for Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series Enjoy Illinois 300 race and for metro-east residents alike:
▪ Gardens in Bloom Tour — 9 am to 1 pm Tours in Belleville and Swansea. Tickets available at Sandy’s Back Porch, Effinger’s Garden Center, Creative Landscapes Garden Center, Ace Hardware – O’Fallon, Hometown Ace Hardware – Belleville, and University of Illinois Extension Offices in Waterloo or Collinsville or online at event.gives/gardensinbloom2022. Day of event tickets: West End Dental, 9460 W. Main St., Belleville. 618-939-3434.
▪ Missouri Botanical Garden Green Living Festival — 10 am St. Louis Science Center, 5050 Oakland Ave., St. Louis. The Missouri Botanical Garden’s annual Green Living Festival is returning in person as a series of pop-up events at institutions throughout the heart of St. Louis. The “Summer of Sustainability” series invites visitors to engage with experts at five events throughout the summer in a day of learning and exploring ideas for sustainable lifestyles. The June 4 event is included with free general admission to the Science Center. 314-577-5100.
▪ Belleville Museum Open House Day — 10 am to 2 pm Belleville. Visitors will enjoy a fun and educational day at several museums and historic sites in downtown Belleville. Activities include historical demonstrations, walking tours, exhibits, hands-on learning, music, workshops, refreshments and more. The overall event is free of charge, though individual groups may offer items for sale. Donations are greatly appreciated at all participating sites.
▪ 35th International Horseradish Festival — 11 am to 10 pm Uptown Collinsville. The free annual festival includes live music, food, activities – learn how to prepare your own horseradish – contests and much more.
▪ Tower Grove Park Beer and Cocktail Garden — 11 am to 4 pm Ruins Pond, Tower Grove Park, 4257 Northeast Drive, St. Petersburg Louis. Enjoy a variety of seasonal and classic Schlafly beer, four seasonally rotating cocktails from STL Barkeep, food truck fare, live music, yoga and yard games. Free to attend. A portion of the beer and cocktail proceeds will benefit Tower Grove Park.
▪ Ainad Shriners’ Cajun Blues Fest — 12:30-6 pm Crehan’s Irish Pub, 5500 and 5700 North Belt West, Belleville. Featuring music from Zydeco Crawdaddys from 1-5:30 pm and the Ainad Drum & Bugle Corps. Tickets are $40 in advance, $50 at the gate. Entry includes Cajun meal: red beans and rice, sausage, crawfish, shrimp, corn and potatoes, beer, soda and water, while supplies last. Must be 21+ to attend.